The City of Auburn and the Auburn Fire Department are committed to providing talented, qualified employees to serve the citizens of Auburn. All available Fire Department positions are posted here on the AFD Hiring and Recruitment page.
Current Openings -
- Firefighter (see below to apply)
If you're interested in a position with the Auburn Fire Department, please review the below information as well as our organization's brochure. Our application along with a current resume, and cover letter can be completed and returned to Deputy Fire Chief Matthew Fifield at the Auburn Fire Department, 550 Minot Ave., Auburn, Maine 04210; OR e-mailed OR you can APPLY ONLINE.
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or older and have completed high school or have passed a high school equivalency exam. Candidates must have a valid driver license, have a good driving record and hold at least a current Basic EMT License. Candidates with a Paramedic License and Firefighter I and II certifications preferred.
- Applicants must have a valid Maine EMS license or have the ability to receive reciprocity before being considered a candidate for the City of Auburn. Paramedics not currently certified as firefighters will be trained as firefighters in their first year.
- Deadline for return of completed application packets is: Friday, November 11, 2022
- A complete application packet consists of an application, current resume, and a cover letter
- An upcoming Physical Agility Test has been scheduled for: Tuesday, 11/29/22 and Saturday, 12/03/22
- Times will range between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM on Tuesday, 11/29 and between 7:00 AM and 8:30 AM on Saturday, 12/03. Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can attend one or both of the test dates.
- If a candidate attends the 11/29/22 test and fails to pass, the candidate can try again by attending the 12/03/22 test. In the same respect, if a candidate attends and passes the 11/29/22 test, he/she does not need to attend the second test on 12/03/22.
- If, based on your application you are deemed ineligible for hire, AFD staff will contact you and you will not participate in the CPAT