The City of Auburn and the Auburn Fire Department are committed to providing talented, qualified employees to serve the citizens of Auburn. All available Fire Department positions are posted here on the AFD Hiring and Recruitment page.
Current Openings -
Our next firefighter recruitment will be soon! Apply below -
If you're interested in a position with the Auburn Fire Department, please review the below information as well as our organization's brochure. Our application along with a current resume, and cover letter can be completed and returned to Deputy Fire Chief Matthew Fifield at the Auburn Fire Department, 550 Minot Ave., Auburn, Maine 04210; OR e-mailed OR you can APPLY ONLINE.
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or older and have completed high school or have passed a high school equivalency exam. Candidates must have a valid driver license, have a good driving record and hold at least a current Basic EMT License. Candidates with a Paramedic License and Firefighter I and II certifications preferred.
- Applicants must have a valid Maine EMS license or have the ability to receive reciprocity before being considered a candidate for the City of Auburn. Paramedics not currently certified as firefighters will be trained as firefighters in their first year.
- A complete application packet consists of an application, current resume, and a cover letter
- During a typical recruitment, all eligible candidates will have to participate in a Physical Agility Test
- Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can attend
- In lieu of participating in the Physical Agility test, we'll accept a CPAT card that is dated within the last 365 days
- If, based on your application you are deemed ineligible for hire, AFD staff will contact you and you will not participate in the CPAT
- If you pass the Physical Agility test, interviews will follow