At Monday's City Council meeting, Mayor Jason Levesque announced the creation of the “Hands & Hearts Leadership & Service Award.” This distinguished community service award is named in honor of Auburn Mayor John Jenkins, who passed away in 2020.
The annual award will recognize an Auburn resident, group, or organization for their significant impact on the quality of life in our great city. Like former Mayor Jenkins, recipients of this notable award will demonstrate one or more of the following qualities:
• Significant and meaningful service to the community
• Exceptional commitment to volunteerism
• Unselfish leadership and collaboration
• Creativity, cooperation, and hard work in service to others
• Inspiration to others as a role model, especially youth and
• Exemplary leadership in civic activities
Mayor Levesque presented the inaugural Hands & Hearts Leadership & Service Award to DEPUTY CHIEF MATTHEW FIFIELD of the Auburn Fire Department for his outstanding leadership, service to the community, and commitment to protecting the people of Auburn, which has been exemplified through his efforts to lead the city’s response to the pandemic.
The City of Auburn is honored to celebrate and recognize Deputy Chief Matthew Fifield with the 2020 Mayor John Jenkins Hands & Hearts Leadership & Service Award.