FREE CHILD CARE OPPORTUNITY EXTENDED THROUGH END OF SCHOOL YEAR
- Auburn School Department will use grant funds to continue to provide FREE daycare (during school hours) for children in grades K 6 through the end of the current school year (projected to be Tuesday, June 8).
- Daycare slots are offered by Auburn School Department, Auburn Recreation Department, YMCA of Auburn-Lewiston and Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine.
- Breakfast and Lunch are provided at each site at no cost through Auburn School Department
- Slots are prioritized, first to children of Auburn residents who are considered essential workers (including school department employees) with students enrolled in Auburn public schools, then to children of Auburn residents who are economically disadvantaged, based on the state's free and reduced meal guidelines. Remaining slots will be made available to all Auburn residents with children in Auburn public schools, as well as ASD employees with children enrolled outside of Auburn public schools.
- Families must provide their own transportation to and from the programs.
- Before and After School Care is also available at most sites for a fee.
For information & availability, contact the program of your choice:
Auburn School Department: Fairview Elementary School, Park Avenue Elementary School, Sherwood Heights Elementary School
Email: email@example.com I Phone: (207) 333 6601 x1308
Auburn Recreation: Ingersoll Turf Facility, Hasty Community
Center.Auburn Public Library, Family Development Center (Valerie Circle)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I Phone: (207) 333 6611
Boys & Girls Club of So Maine, Auburn/Lewiston Clubhouse
Gary Violette, Auburn/Lewiston Clubhouse Director
Email: email@example.com I Phone: (207) 782 2446
YMCA of Auburn- Lewiston
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I Phone: (207) 795 4095, ext. 206