SUSTAINABLE AUBURN MATCHING REBATE PROGRAM
Sustainability focuses on meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. The concept of sustainability is composed of three pillars: economic, environmental, and social—also known informally as profits, planet, and people.
One of the highest costs of home ownership is energy. Because of increasing utility costs, consumers are seeking innovative and modern solutions to help make their homes more energy-efficient. In an effort to encourage residents to invest in clean, energy efficient home improvements, the City of Auburn is proud to offer the Sustainable Auburn Matching Rebate Program.
Energy efficiency is a great way to save energy and money, and often improve comfort, safety, and maintenance costs in the process. EFFICIENCY MAINE offers financial incentives on the purchase of high-efficiency equipment or changes that help people save electricity, natural gas and other fuels throughout Maine.
Through the Sustainable Auburn Matching Rebate Program, Auburn residents can DOUBLE their Efficiency Maine rebates!
In 2021, the Auburn City Council approved the use of $250,000 of Auburn's American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for the creation of program that would match Efficiency Maine rebates for Auburn residents.
If you received an Efficiency Maine rebate/incentive on or after September 1, 2021, you qualify for a matching grant from the City of Auburn! Simply complete the application form below. Our team will review and process your application within 2 weeks.
- Residential applicants only (no commercial applications will be accepted).
- FOR HOMEOWNERS: applies to any of the Efficiency Maine incentives listed HERE, except vehicles.
- FOR RENTERS: applies to washing machines and room air purifiers only.
- Applicant must have already received the Efficiency Maine rebate.
- The maximum grant amount per address per year is $1,000. Applicants are invited to submit multiple Efficiency Maine rebates, however the total amount issued per applicant, per address, per year shall not exceed $1,000. Example: If you received Efficiency Maine rebates for an energy efficient washing machine, room air purifier, and a heat pump water heater all in one calendar year, you would qualify for $925 from the City of Auburn during that year! On January 1 of the following year, you would be eligible to apply for new matching rebates, provided that the funding is still available.
- The applicant must be an Auburn resident.
- The residence where the energy efficient improvements are being made must be in Auburn.
- Proof of receipt of an Efficiency Maine rebate must be provided to qualify for this program.
- The City of Auburn reserves the right to reject any application.
- The are no income restrictions to qualify for this program.