Phone: 207.333.6601 ext. 1218
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm - nights and weekends by appointment
The Economic Development Division staff can lend support with an array of federal, state and local private economic development resources during every step of the process of opening your business in Auburn.
Our focus is to ensure that Auburn is recognized as a world-class community that offers a sustainable and diverse economy, employment and educational opportunities, and an unsurpassed quality of life.
Economic Development staff can assist with:
· Identifying and evaluating suitable sites for commercial activity
· Identification of potential funding sources and referrals to available local, state and federal funding partners when appropriate
· Providing guidance through local and state regulatory requirements
· Administration of municipal incentives including Community Development Block Grant Programs and municipal tax increment financing (TIF)
· Coordination with other city departments in the planning and permitting process
The City of Auburn wants to know about your experience as a business owner in our City. We would appreciate you taking the time to complete our brief Business Expansion and Retention survey, so that we can better meet your needs.