Nomination Papers Available
Nomination papers are available for the Joint Charter Commission seats for the City of Auburn. Three members of a joint charter commission shall be elected at the June10, 2014 Election for the purpose of developing a consolidation agreement between the cities of Auburn and Lewiston including a proposed charter to be voted on at a future municipal election. This agreement must include;
- The names of the municipalities;
- The name under which it is proposed to consolidate, which must be distinguishable from the name of any other municipality in the State, other than the consolidating municipalities;
- The property, real and personal, belonging to each municipality, and its fair value;
- The proposed name and location of the municipal office;
- The proposed charter;
- The terms of apportioning tax rates to service the existing bonded indebtedness of the repective municipalities; and
- Any other necessary and proper facts and terms.
For more information, please go to the following link;
Nomination papers must be signed by not less than 100 nor more than 200 signatures of qualified registered voters of Auburn. The deadline to submit your nomination papers to the City Clerk is 4:30 P.M. Thursday, March 27, 2014.