Karen Scammon, CMA-3, City Assessor
Assessing maintains sales information, property deed transfers and the valuations of all Real Estate and Business Personal Property located in the City of Auburn for taxation purposes. Your total property assessment consists of a land value, building value and a yard item value if applicable. Our office can assist you with information on:
- Tax Relief Programs - Homestead, Veterans and Blind Exemptions;
- Special Land Classifications - Farmland, Open Space, Tree Growth;
- Real Estate - Map/Lot, Deed Book/Page, Property Values, Sale Price, Owner and Owner's Mailing Address, Building Description and Lot Size;
- Business Personal Property - Business Equipment Tax Exemption (BETE), Business Equipment Tax Reimbursement (BETR), Annual Form 706-A Detailed Asset List Filing;
- Abatements and Appeals.
- 1970-2018 Historical Values
New Property Owners, click here for information about your mailing address, tax bill, and more.
Taylor Pond Valuation Study. As part of the ongoing valuation study, the Assessing Department is restarting property inspections of waterfront properties on Taylor Pond. Many of you attended the public meetings or have heard about our efforts. We are grateful to the property owners who have invited us to their homes for an inspection, but we still have more to go.
TAYLOR POND PROPERTY INSPECTIONS
Click here for more information and status of property inspections
City Assessment Data:
2018/2019 Fiscal Year Information
- Commitment Date: July 25, 2018
- Mil Rate: $23.68 per $1,000 of assessed value
- State Certified Ratio: 100%
- Homestead Amount: -$20,000 (taken off assessed value) or -$473.60 (in tax dollars)
- Abatement Deadline: January 26, 2019
Tax Bill Due Dates
- Real Estate: September 17, 2018 & March 15, 2019
- Personal Property: September 17, 2018
Phone: 207.333.6601 ext. 1118
Address: 60 Court Street, Auburn, Maine 04210