Permits handled by The Engineering Division


For an on-line copy of permit applications and more information on each permit -- click on the permit headings.

 Drive Entrance Permit

  • Required with the installation of a new driveway
  • Required when making alterations to an existing driveway within the city Right of Way.

Fill Permit

  • Required when a minimum of 10 cubic yards (1 dump truck load) of soil disturbance occurs.

Private Property Excavation Permit

  • Only required when excavating on private property within the Gas Danger Zone.

Public Property Excavation Permit

  • Required before excavating in any City street or sidewalk.

StormWater Drainage Connection Agreement

  • This agreement is required to be signed when a property owner requests that a private drainage system be connected into the City's stormwater system.

Utility Location Permit

  • Required when Utilities wish to place new infrastructure in the City Right of Way.
  • Relocate existing infrastructure within the City Right of Way.

Utility Notification - Demolition Sign Off

  • When a building is going to be demolished, sign off is required from certain City Departments and Utilities to ensure that proper Permits are obtained and site-specific conditions are set.



Attached Document or FileDigSafe Call DigSafe at 888-DIG-SAFE begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 888-DIG-SAFE end_of_the_skype_highlighting (344-7233)

No Content Entered


Fri, Nov 17 - Tue, Oct 17 Art Walk LA

Auburn City Hall - 60 Court Street, Community Room, Second Floor

Mon, Nov 20, 5:30 PM City Council Workshop and Meeting

Auburn Hall, Council Chambers

Tue, Nov 21, 4:00 PM Auburn Sewerage District Trustees Meeting

268 Court Street, Auburn

view all »