Citizen Online Reporting System FAQs


Find out if the Citizen Online Reporting System is right for you...

What should I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If the incident is a non-emergency, please call 207-784-7331.


What if this incident happened in another city? Can I file a report using this system?

No, if this incident took place outside of the City of Auburn, please call the police department for that city.


What if this incident happened on the Maine Turnpike (I-95) or at the Exit 75 Park & Ride?

If this incident took place on the Maine Turnpike or at the Park & Ride, please call the Maine State Police - Gray Dispatch Office at 207-657-3030 or the Troop G Office at 207-871-7755.


Do I need Internet access to file the report?

Yes; if you do not have Internet access from your home, you may file the report from work, the library or anywhere else that has Internet access. You may also file the report using a smart phone that has Internet access.

Do I need an email address to file a police report online?

Yes; an email address is required to complete your report online. We require an email address in order to update you of your report's status and to send you the free PDF copy of your report.


How long will it take to get a copy of my report?

You will receive the PDF copy of your report as soon as an officer reviews and approves your report. We typically review reports within 24 hours, but it can sometimes take up to 5 days. You will be able to get a copy of your report faster by using the online filing process.

Does it cost any money to file the report online?

No; it does not cost any money to file your police report online and you will be sent a free copy of your police report via email.