Social Service

The Community Development Program supports many non-profit agencies to provide services. Agencies are required to apply for funds each year. Awards may be in the form of loans or grants and may be used for physical improvements, purchasing equipment, or to cover operating costs for providing services. Applications are generally available in December and are due in January of each year. Contact Zachary Lenhert by telephone at 333-6601 ext. 1336 or via email at

Services must be a new or quantifiable increase in service. Each proposal must address priorities of the Consolidated Plan which are


  1. Focus on helping young people growing up in poverty to get the personal and educational skills needed to live a healthy and productive adult life.
    1. Expand programming for at-risk teenagers that helps them learn work skills, graduate from high school
    2. Create youth apprenticeship opportunities with local businesses
  1. Support low-income adults to successfully provide for themselves and their families through education and skill development, including mentoring, work readiness, job training programs.


Prevent Homelessness

  1. Support homeless people first with housing, then with services to help them provide for themselves and their families through work readiness training and job skill development.

Application Process for the 2019-2020 Budget

  • Applications are available starting mid December.
  • Request an application by sending an email to Alison Pepin at  The file you will receive is a fillable form.  Any issue completing the form?  Please contact us for assistance. 
  • Submit completed application to 
  • Deadline for submittal:  December 31, 2018.

SAMPLE:   Application for Public Service Funding