Auburn Set to Launch "Community Conversations"
This fall, the City is focusing on connecting with our citizens by launching a series of “Community Conversations.” These meetings are meant to engage the diverse viewpoints of our citizens where the focus will be:
- To create an agenda of shared priorities for the Auburn community
- To help Auburn become stronger and more cohesive with engaged and well-informed participation in trusted decision-making
Starting the third week of September and ending the third week of October, this series of seven meetings are held at seven different locations around the City—at least one in each ward. (see locations below) These public meetings are led by a different, dynamic individual from the community, and attendees include citizens, City Staff, and appropriate Councilors. At every meeting, the group is asked: What do we need to do to improve your Auburn?
Because the City of Auburn is continually striving to better our services, we encourage you to attend one or more of our Community Conversations.
There will be a "social hour" from 6:00pm to 6:30pm and the meeting will follow. The schedule of Community Conversations are as follows:
- 9/17 Edward Little High School, Chorus Room
- 9/24 Park Ave. Elementary, Cafeteria
- 9/25 East Auburn Community, Cafeteria
- 10/01 Danville Grange (15 Grange Street), First Floor Meeting Room
- 10/02 Sherwood Heights Elementary, Gymnasium
- 10/08 Auburn Public Library, Community Room
- 10/15 Washburn Elementary, Gymnasium