"Community Conversation" at East Auburn Community School Scheduled for 9/25
A reminder that our next "Community Conversation" will be held today, Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at East Auburn Community School. This meeting is meant to engage the diverse viewpoints of our citizens where the focus will be:
- To create an agenda of shared priorities for the Auburn community
- To help Auburn become stronger and more cohesive with engaged and well-informed participation in trusted decision-making
Community Conversation meetings started the third week of September and will end the third week of October. This series of seven meetings will be held at seven different locations around the City—at least one in each ward. (see locations below) Each of these public meetings will be organized by a different, dynamic individual from the community. Auburn citizen Mary Sylvester will act as facilitator and attendees should include citizens, City Staff, School Staff and appropriate School Committee Members and/or City Councilors. At every citizen-lead meeting, the group will be asked: Given the difficult decisions that our community must face and the reality that property tax increases must be minimized, what are our priorities for Auburn’s future?
There will be a "social hour" from 6:00pm to 6:30pm and the meeting will follow. The schedule of Community Conversations are as follows:
- 9/17 Edward Little High School, Chorus Room
- 9/24 Park Ave. Elementary, Cafeteria
- 9/25 East Auburn Community, Cafeteria
- 10/01 Danville Grange (15 Grange Street), First Floor Meeting Room
- 10/02 Sherwood Heights Elementary, Gymnasium
- 10/08 Auburn Public Library, Community Room
- 10/15 Washburn Elementary, Gymnasium
We hope to see you tonight at East Auburn Community School!